Are any of these depression questions true for you or someone you care about?
Have you been feeling sad or “blue” lately?
Do you feel disappointed, apathetic, or disillusioned with things?
Are you isolating from friends and family because you just don’t feel like talking or socializing?
Are you feeling overwhelmed, tired and frustrated by too many responsibilities and not enough time?
If any of these are true for you or someone you care about, you might be suffering from feelings of depression and could benefit from Depression Counseling in Portland by Portland Lifestyle Counseling. However, you may also be suffering from situational or environmental stress or having a normal response to living in a complex, challenging and at times dysfunctional modern world.
Often feelings of depression are to be expected given challenging life circumstances such as job stress, economic problems, family history of dysfunction, trauma, aging, and other difficult situations. Many of us deal with these issues every day.
If you want to…
- Explore feelings of despair, despondency, apathy, demoralization or other “depression” like feelings in a safe, non-labeling, and supportive environment.
- Understand how depression works in your life and what you can do to take better care of yourself when depressed.
- Learn ways to love yourself more, build a positive relationship with yourself, and experience more self acceptance to counteract feelings of depressions.
- Discover your own unique tools and skills needed to better cope with depression and other so called negative thoughts and emotions.
Then counseling may be right for you. I provide specialized, distinctive, and practical counseling that works with your unique issues and goals. Check out my prescreening questions to see if working together would be a fit for you. I help you explore and understand complex feelings, thoughts, and behaviors that may be keeping you from having the life experiences you want. I also work to help you gain greater access to your own inner wisdom and innate resources that can move you to healthier actions and behaviors. Lastly I support and encourage you in practicing new coping skills that overtime can help you establish healthier behaviors, greater self understanding, and self acceptance.
During counseling I encourage you to:
- Process emotional responses to your unique issues
- Create counseling goals that you believe are doable and sustainable
- Explore your thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive way
- Test new behaviors that increase healthier living
- Compassionately confront frustrations, fears, and challenges that may be keeping you trapped or stuck
- Create solutions and engage in healthy action that create change
- Plus more!
I encourage you to consider starting a counseling relationship for symptoms of depression or for other “depression” like thoughts and feelings and begin a journey to healing and recovery. I have 20 years professional experience working with many issues such as “depression” and “anxiety”. There are many counselor’s to choose from, but I put myself forward because I believe in what I do and I know empathic counseling for depression and “depression” like feelings can work.
My counseling style is empathic, supportive and encouraging. I bring twenty plus years of professional helping experience and relevant life experiences that gives me perspective, depth, and healthy caring. All of my life experiences – personal and professional – are present when I sit down to meet with you as your therapist.
I seek clients who are committed to their counseling process, deeply moved to action by their emotional challenges, and exhibit a desire for change and better self understanding. Quick solutions, easy answers, and “get better quick” schemes are not utilized here. Instead you will find empathic counseling methods that include:
- Mindfulness Based Counseling
- Solution Focused interventions
- Psychodynamic Supportive practices
- Strengths based focus
- Empowerment based model of counseling
Distinctive and specialized approaches and practices include:
- Empathic and non-labeling approach
- Holistic health and wellness approach
- Focus on social, cultural, and environmental issues that relate to your issues and concerns
- Uncovering and reconnecting with your Inner Knowing
- Use of Flower essence
- Use of SoulCollage®
Depression and a Counseling Relationship
Research shows that the most curative factor of counseling is the counseling relationship between you and the counselor.
- Want to learn more about how a counseling relationship can help you?
- What makes counseling for depression with M. Joy Young, LCSW distinctive?
Check out my article called Depression And A Counseling Relationship.
Thinking about trying psychiatric medication? I seek clients who prefer to work with their issues using non-medication therapies, however I do work with clients who choose medications. To learn more about psychiatric medications please check with your primary care physician.
If depression or “depression” like feelings are keeping you or someone you care about from:
- Feeling energized.
- Feeling and being active.
- Being involved with friends and family.
- Doing the things you want to do.
- Being involved in all areas of your life.
Then it’s probably time to do something that can turn things around.
Are you ready to start a counseling relationship today so you can feel better, experience fewer depression symptoms or “depression” like feelings? Do you want to like yourself more, cope more effectively, and practice better self care? Check out my prescreening questions first and if I am a fit for you contact Joy at (503) 309-1163 .. Contact Joy at (503) 309-1163 or email at .
Payment options available via PayPal. Call before you purchase.