Perimenopausal & Menopausal Emotional Changes
Are any of these true for you?
Do you have difficulty with mood swings, poor sleep, and tension since entering midlife, perimenopause or menopause?
Have you begun to question the course of your life, life choices, lifestyle habits since entering midlife, perimenopause, or menopause?
There are common emotional issues that can be associated with perimenopause or menopause that can include:
- feeling sadness
- lack of motivation
- mood changes
- poor concentration
- and other emotional symptoms.
Talking with your primary care physician is a great way to determine if your symptoms are related to midlife changes or a specific medical condition. However, perimenopause and menopause can bring up not only emotional changes but deep questioning about the course of one’s life, future goals, and life meaning. Counseling for Perimenopausal & Menopausal Emotional Changes in Portland with Portland Lifestyle Counseling can be a useful and helpful way to improve coping, create change, and increase self acceptance during this time physical and emotional transition.
Counseling for Emotional Issues associated with Perimenopause and Menopause Can Help You:
- Improve overall coping around emotional issues of perimenopause and menopause.
- Reduce feelings of depression and anxiety that can come with perimenopause and menopause.
- Discover new goals and aspirations for the second half of your life
- Reduce emotional stress and other challenges
- Explore complex thoughts and feelings about your life, life purpose, and choices made in the past that may no longer serve your emotional health.
- Process past experiences and identify old patterns that no longer serve you today
- Identify healthy behaviors, actions, and choices that support greater health
- practice new coping skills that may improve your mood and emotional wellbeing.
- Plus more.
Perhaps you have thought about counseling in the past but were able to cope well enough before perimenopause or menopause. Perhaps you have been too busy raising children, taking care of a family, or working hard to establish a career but now have enough time since entering midlife. Perimenopause and Menopause can bring emotional changes that are challenging but this time can also offer an opportunity to explore your emotions more deeply, your life choices, and personal meaning.
During counseling I encourage you to:
- Process emotional responses to your unique issues
- Create counseling goals that you believe are doable and sustainable
- Explore your thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive way
- Test new behaviors that increase healthier living
- Compassionately confront frustrations, fears, and challenges that may be keeping you trapped or stuck
- Create solutions and engage in healthy action that create change
- Plus more!
In counseling I provide specialized, distinctive, and practical counseling that works with your unique issues and goals. I help you explore and understand complex feelings, thoughts, and behaviors that may be keeping you from having the life experiences you want. I also work to help you gain greater access to your own inner wisdom and innate resources that can move you to healthier actions and behaviors. Lastly I support and encourage you in practicing new coping skills that overtime can help you establish healthier behaviors, greater self understanding, and self acceptance.
My counseling style is empathic, supportive and encouraging. I bring twenty plus years of professional helping experience and relevant life experiences that gives me perspective, depth, and healthy caring. All of my life experiences – personal and professional – are present when I sit down to meet with you as your therapist.
I seek clients who are committed to their counseling process, deeply moved to action by their emotional challenges, and exhibit a desire for change and better self understanding. Quick solutions, easy answers, and “get better quick” schemes are not utilized here.
The decision to seek counseling can be a big one and there are many counselors eager to help.I put myself forward because I know counseling works, I believe in what I do, and I know people can feel better. I have 20 years professional experience working with people who have suffered from years of self blame, depression, anxiety, and emotional challenges.
It is my intention to provide you with high quality, confidential, and supportive counseling that can help you make the changes you want, feel better and be more self accepting.
If you are ready to face your emotional changes due to perimenopause and menopause contact Joy at (503) 309-1163 .. If you know someone who you feel could benefit share my information with them.
Flexible payment options include: PayPal, EAP coverage, insurance, cash, check, and credit cards.