M. Joy Young, LCSW, ACSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Academy Certified Social Worker offers counseling in Portland, psychotherapy, and for midlife issues: midlife crisis, midlife transitions and more. M. Joy Young’s other specialties include depression, anxiety, bereavement/grief/loss, Trauma/PTSD, Soulcollage®, and Breaking From Dysfunctional Families in Portland, Oregon.
Are any of these true for you or someone you care about?
Are you questioning your life choices like job, marriage, work, family, and life in general since you have reached midlife?
Did you grow up in a dysfunctional family with emotionally immature, toxic, or abusive parents/siblings?
Have you experienced a recent or historical traumatic event and are having a difficult time coping?
I can help. I offer specialized, professional, and confidential counseling services for all your midlife changes and challenges AND specific counseling for those with trauma, dysfunctional families or abusive parents. Other important services include: depression, anxiety, grief/loss.
Aging is difficult! Our modern day society is highly arousing and stressful. Traumatic experiences are powerful and leave long standing emotional challenges. We all can use support from time to time. I offer counseling or psychotherapy, and other useful therapies to help you feel better, do better, and experience greater self acceptance and healing.
Beginning a counseling or psychotherapy relationship for midlife issues, high sensitivity, women’s trauma, depression, anxiety, and or other emotional challenges with M. Joy Young, LCSW can help you:
- Reduce or eliminate symptoms of depression associated with midlife high sensitivity, trauma, and/or other emotional issues..
- Reduce and improve coping for anxiety symptoms associated with midlife, trauma, and/or other emotional issues.
- Better manage and reduce stress symptoms associated with midlife changes, high sensitivity, trauma, and/or other emotional issues.
- Reduce feelings of isolation that can come with grief and lossassociated with midlife changes, empty nest experience, midlife transitions, trauma, and/or high sensitivity, or death of a loved one.
- Increase self acceptance and self compassion around midlife changes or dysfunctional family or trauma.
- Increase doing healthy activities and actions that keep you on course with your goals and life purpose.
- Process and work through complex feelings and emotions connected to women’s trauma issues.
- Open up to your spiritual self, inner knowing, and intuitive guidance.
- Plus more!
What is most helpful in counseling?
Research shows that the counseling relationship is one of the most curative factors in counseling or psychotherapy. People who have experienced a solid supportive counseling relationship for a period of time generally feel better and do better in their lives.
There are many counselors to choose from but only a few will be right for you.
At Portland Lifestyle Counseling, M. Joy Young, LCSW offers empathic counseling methods that include:
- Mindfulness Based Counseling
- Solution Focused interventions
- Psychodynamic Supportive practices
- Strengths based focus
- Empowerment based model of counseling
Other distinctive counseling approaches include:
- Holisitic health and Wellness approach.
- Connection to your Discover Your Truth: Inner Knowing.
- Consideration of the larger social and enviornmental context of your life.
- Empathic and Non-Pathologizing Counseling
If You Are Searching For A Counselor…
- Who is not automatically going to give you a mental health label but will instead help you define your own unique issues.
- Who will respect your right to not take psychiatric medications if you choose not to.
- Who will build a safe and respectful counseling relationship with you using Mindfulness Based Counseling mindfulness based counseling psychosocial spiritual/community approaches rather than diagnosis, labels, and medical model based therapies.
- Who can help you connect to your own truth.
- Who will listen to your life as a story rather than a chemical imbalance, disorder or illness.
- Who can help you uncover your Inner Knowing.
- Who can help you to uncover your unique answers.
- Who can help you connect to your unique truth.
Then I invite you to begin a counseling relationship that can help you feel better, do better, and experience greater self acceptance. Contact Joy at (503) 309-1163 ..
Contact Joy Today!
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer.