Holistic counseling for mind-body-spirit–community 503-309-1163
M. Joy Young, LCSW, CPC
Portland Lifestyle Counseling Services
M. Joy Young, LCSW, social worker, counselor, and life coach offers counseling, therapy, and life coaching for "depression", "anxiety", stress, post traumatic stress, grief, caring for aging parents, and flower essence in Portland Oregon.
Are any of these true for you or someone you care about?
Are you going through a life transition like divorce, mid-life change, career shift, relationship break up, relocation?
Do you dislike the way you look, your personality, or other issue of compromised self esteem?
Did someone in your life recently die and you are having a hard time moving on with your life due to feelings of grief and loss?
Did you experience a stressful or traumatic event and are feeling nervous, jumpy, on edge?
Did you survive a dysfunctional childhood and find yourself drawn to dysfunctional people and relationships that keep you stuck and unable to move on with your life?
I can help. I offer professional, reliable, and confidential counseling services to help you not only feel betterbut be better able to do the things you have put off, dreamed of, or felt unable to accomplish due to emotional issues and worn out patterns and habits.
Beginning a counseling relationship with a trustworthy professional counselor can help you:
- Reduce or eliminate symptoms of depression.
- Reduce or eliminate anxiety symptoms.
- Better manage and reduce stress.
- Reduce feelings of isolation that can come with grief and loss.
- Heal shame, guilt, and anger from childhood dysfunction or abuse.
- Like yourself more and alter compromised self esteem and body image
- Skillfully navigate through a challenging life transition
- Reduce and better manage feelings of frustration that can come with caregiving.
What is most helpful in counseling?
Research shows that the counseling relationship is one of the most curative factors in counseling or psychotherapy. People with a solid supportive counseling relationship generally feel better and do better in their lives.
There are many counselors to choose from but only a few will be right for you.
At Portland Lifestyle Counseling distinctive service approaches include:
- Holisitic health and Wellness approach.
- Connection to your Inner Knowing.
- Consideration of the larger social and enviornmental context of your life.
- Empathic and non-pathologizing counseling
If You Are Searching For A Counselor...
- Who is not going to give you a mental health label but will instead help you define your own unique issues.
- Who will respect your right to not take psychiatric medications if you choose not to.
- Who will build a safe and respectful counseling relationship with you using psychosocial spiritual/community approaches rather than diagnosis, labels, and medical model answers.
- Who can help you connect to your own truth.
- Who will listen to your life as a story rather than a chemical imbalance, disorder or illness.
- Who can get to the root of your problem and reveal lasting solutions.
- Help you uncover your Inner Knowing.
- Reveal your unique answers.
- Help you connect to your truth.
Then I invite you to begin a counseling relationship that can help you feel better, do better, love yourself more, and have more satisfying relationships with others and with your community. Contact Joy at 503-309-1163 or email at .
Are you African American and looking for a counselor who will understand your unique issues and challenges?
I know first hand the issues African Americans face every day. If you have thought about counseling but could not find a therapist who not only understands your experience as an African American living in Portlannd Oregon but has lived through many of those same experiences contact Joy at 503-309-1163 or email at .