M. Joy Young, LCSW, ACSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Academy Certified Social Worker
Discover Your Truth: Inner Knowing
Article by M. Joy Young, LCSW, ACSW Portland Oregon
Throughout my life I have experienced many crisis and challenges. Like many of you I have gone to speak with kind and caring professionals who have helped me in many ways. But I discovered that the most powerful help I got did not come from anyone outside myself. It came when I felt connected with something bigger and wiser then myself yet at the same time is a part of what I call myself. Probably my most centered and kind self. I call this connection Inner Knowing.
Even though your inner knowing is a connection that each person has to find for themselves, I have discovered that a counseling relationship can provide you with the support, physical space, regularity, and encouragement you need to discover inner knowing for yourself.
In my counseling practice called, Portland Lifestyle counseling, I specialize in helping people uncover their Inner Knowing. This is the part of ourselves that helps us discern, evaluate, and decide what is best for us even if we feel too confused, depressed, anxious, or unsure. Some people refer to it as their conscious mind, heart, Nature, or Higher Self. It has many names, but it is the part of us that knows what direction to take, is not bossy, and is respectful of others.
- Your inner knowing can look at what some people call the right way, what others call the wrong way and help you discover YOUR way.
Benefits of Uncovering Your Inner Knowing
There are many benfits you can experience by discovering your inner knowing: Your Inner Knowing gudidence can help you
- Untangle the many shoulds and shouldn'ts you are holding on to that may be affecting your emotional health.
- uncover and let go of stereotypes, prejudices, guilt and shame that may be holding you back
- find release from other’s projections and false beliefs to uncover Your own truth
- feel better
- reduce or eliminate depression symptoms
- reduce or eliminate ptsd symptoms and other symptoms of stress
- reduce or eliminate symptoms of anxiety
- increase emotional security
- heal injuries from childhood dysfunction and abuse
- increase self esteem
- Increase self motivation and personal action.
It is important to note that Inner Knowing is not a type of religious state, though there are those who may associate this with God or Source. You do not have to be relgious or “a believer” in any type of religious doctrine to get in touch with your Inner Knowing.
What is your Inner Knowing telling you?
If discovering and claiming your own truth is important to you.
If uncovering what you know for sure about your life feels right to you
If feeling centered and connected to your Inner Knowing is something that resontates with you
Then I encourage you to consider a counseling relationship to begin uncovering, reclaiming, and honoring your Inner Knowing. You do not have to be religious to benefit from this – but you do have to be READY to allow your intutition, compassion, and receptivitiy to open to acceptance, the present moment, and possibility.
Find out more contact Joy for an appointment or to answer questions at 503-309-1163 or email at . FREE 30 minute consultation.